"Thinkings~ Musings~ and Pithy words!"

Welcome to my Blog ~ grab a cup of coffee or tea and join me for a 'chat' ~

Saturday, October 1, 2011

October is here!

October has arrived! When I think of October my sister comes to mind. My sister, Robyn, is three years younger than me. She lives in California and always will. The reason I think of Robyn when October rolls around is her BIRTHDAY is October 31st. She took many many jokes about being born on that day growing up. Not by me, but usually by boys.

We are very different. She is a blue eyed blond. I am a brunette with brown eyes. She is skinny, I am pleasantly round. She is almost a loner. I am a people person. She is smart. I am a dreamer. She is a career woman. I am a domestic engineer. I bake and cook and sew. That's a 'no go' for Robyn. She is like my Mom. I am like my Dad. She has a fast hot convertible. I drive a mini van. She has one son and two step sons. I have six kids. She likes pink. I like red. She exercises everyday at the gym. I go for a walk once in awhile. She has lots of people under her with her job, she's the boss. I am married to the boss.

We are different. Yet, I love her. She knew me as a kid. She came to see me when I lived in Germany. She is my sister. We are linked...even if at times we wonder. So as I set my pumpkin out by my front door during October, I smile. I dream a little and I smile. Different is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment